Friday, June 29, 2007

A Buffett Blast...

Warren Buffett, the third richest man in the world, chided the US government's tax system recently at a political fundraiser. Apparently, though he's worth about $52 billion, he only had to pay 17.7% on the $42 million he made last year, as opposed to his secretary, who cashed in $60,000 last year (see full article here). Politics aside (and that perhaps he ought to pay his secretary more), Buffett had these wise word to say:

" If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Wow. That's pretty rich. Take a minute and click here to find out where you rank in the echelons of prosperity. What are you doing today to think about the rest of the world?


>credit relevantmagazine.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the 617,928,589 richest person in the world and I'm in the TOP 10.29% richest people in the world! - woohoo..

I'm really as rich as I hoped I would be. I want to be top 1% at least.

Great blog & great link.

Bob Robinson said...

I've had this link (globalrichlist) on my website for some time now. Everybody should check it out. Very eye-opening!

joeldaniel said...

well, bob, your website is pretty amazing. thus why it has such swell links.

and, matty, i feel strangely powerful knowing that i can adjust the percentile that you live in. here's to pushing it toward the highest 1%.

; )

Anonymous said...

I think if someone makes more that 50 thousand a year they should give at least 500 dallers to help the pore